Olaf’s presentation was the first in a series of 3, all about censorship and censorship circumvention.
My work was born within a discussion on the RIPE Co-op Working Group mailing-list with the goal of depicting the impact of various content blocking mechanisms, in order to reach a final guide for policy makers and legislators called to solve social issues by using web filtering methods.
Unfurtunately, the time slot allocated to Olaf’s presentation was too small to allow him to give a full overview of impacts, side effects and hidden costs related to content blocking methods. More details can be found on the online resources:
– here on my blog I’m hosting the first version of the document A Technical Overview of Content Blocking Methods;
– on the IETF website you can find the other document that Olaf talked about in his presentation, Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking and Filtering by IAB.
Latest posts by Pier Carlo Chiodi (see all)
- Good MANRS for IXPs route servers made easier - 11 December 2020
- Route server feature-rich and automatic configuration - 13 February 2017
- Large BGP Communities playground - 15 September 2016